Saturday, January 14, 2012

Love those Christmas Gifts!!

With the increased mileage in 2012 I am getting good use out of my Christmas Gifts!!!

First for those days when I have "Long runs" I am using my new Nathan Sports Trail Hydration Pack Belt Amazon.com $29.75.

Did not know if I would like to wear the belt, but since I do not like to carry a water bottle I wanted to give it a try. After using it 3 times I really like it. It has (2) 10 ounce flasks to carry water/Gatorade. Have heard they are hard to get out of the belt or water can spill, but no problems here and I usually do not have to slow down to use.

It also had a front zipped pocket that had two compartments. I have carried my gloves (for when it got colder or warmed up later), gum (to wet my mouth), gel (for that 45 min boost), and a few other things in there.

I could see why some do not like the tightness of the belt or maybe it rubbing their sides, but have not had any problems with it so far. I like the idea of carrying the extra weight on practice runs so that during an event I will have less weight than I am used to. Will not wear during events of course.

The other Christmas present I received was the Black Diamond Gizmo Headlamp--Amazon.com $17.86.

 After running with the Brandon Running group at night doing "Hills" workouts I figured I would get one for there. Also with the increased mileage in 2012 I wanted to have the option of being able run in the morning before work or after dinner. I use it with my visor instead of wrapping around just my head. It really helps light up the darkness and makes it easier to see the sidewalk for elevation changes, cracks, and tree limbs. Only problem is when a car is coming your way their headlamps make it difficult to see. Of course in that same breath it does make it much easier for them to see you running and we all need to practice  Safety First!!
Both are highly recommended.
Of course check out on-line both items and others to find out what would be best for your running needs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment